SF Recruitment are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their client based in Burton upon Trent. This is a full-time permanent role with the option to work from home 2xdays per week. It is essential you hold a UK Driving licence for this role as you will be required to make supplier visits.
The main responsibility for this role is to ensure material avaialbility and best cost at all time. Suitable candidates will have excellent communiation skills in order to build strong supplier relationships ensuring items are sourced efficiently.
- Identify suppliers and build relationships through good communications, including face-to-face meetings.
- Review and delegate quotation proposals for new and existing customers.
- Review suppliers spend profiles.
- Review and implement cost-down initiative.
- Monthly forecasting of needs, identifying any shortfalls.
- Chase suppliers for overdue goods.
- Expedite important and urgent orders.
- Manage customer expectations, in liaison with Sales Team.
- Liaise with other departments to meet their and customer needs.
- Liaise with warehouse with regards to stock levels and at-risk areas.
- Liaise with customers where necessary to obtain meaningful information to purchase goods required.
- Manage the workload of purchasing team, prioritising tasks as appropriate.
- Deal with any issues raised by team members to ensure they are effective.
- Manage teams performance through regular and effective performance & development review meetings.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress within a role. It is essential you have prior Procurement experience along with organisational skills. You will need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment. You will need excellent attention to detail along with a proactive positive attitude. You must have experience using MRP/ERP systems along with Excel.
If you would like further details please get in touch today.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.