Risk & Governance Director
Our client is a privately-owned, fast-growing professional services organisation based across three sites in the West Midlands. As it continues its impressive growth and broadens its service offering it will naturally become more exposed to increased risk. To this end, they are seeking an experienced Risk and Governance Director to devise and oversee an internal digital strategy that ensures adherence to compliance and risk management policies across the business' various divisions.
The Risk & Governance Director will play a critical role in shaping operational strategies, optimising processes, defining the best use of tech systems, and ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of services in a compliant and risk-free manner. The scope of the role will be broad incorporating:
Reviewing and optimising all internal systems and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and managing operational risks effectively, implementing and maintaining quality assurance measures to ensure service excellence, process optimisation, reviewing digital infrastructure and workflow, and working closely with the organisation's leadership team to foster a culture of accountability, collaboration in all business areas. In addition, you'll use data analysis: to drive operational improvements and make data-driven decisions, monitor performance through KPIs and performance metrics to track and measure operational performance in collaboration with the Group Finance & Ops Director, and champion a customer-centric approach, ensuring a positive client and internal stake holder experience is delivered throughout all interactions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Several years of experience in internal operations management (covering risk / compliance / governance / digital excellence) within a regulated professional services arena e.g. accountancy, financial services, banking, legal, telecommunications, utilities.
- Familiarity of working within a setting that demands high levels of competence around regulatory compliance, risk management, and audit.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills - being able to see the bigger picture, potential hazards and to react accordingly.
- Experience in process optimisation and efficiency enhancements.
- The ability to review, implement or improve existing technology systems, and be comfortable using data analysis to drive operational decisions.
- The ability to engage and motivate all employees across the group to take ownership of quality, compliance, and risk management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A proactive, self-starter mindset and be meticulous in everything they do.
- The desire to be part of a business that is rapidly growing and enhancing its service offering year on year.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.