Regional Facilities Manager
Regional Facilities Manager
Initial 12 month contract (Permanent)
Up to £51,000/ £26.00 P/ hr
SF Recruitment are recruiting for 3x Regional Facilities Managers to work for our established manufacturing business, this is on an initial 12 month contract but is likely to be a permanent opportunity. The locations of the roles are based in West London, North and Midlands.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the launch, mobilization, stabilization and profitable operation of an integrated facilities management service contract. This is a multi-location contract with operations and employees located throughout the UK. Primarily responsible for an allocated cluster of customer sites and based at one, you will be responsible for the consistent, safe and profitable service delivery of all IFM services to those sites and providing mutual support to managers in other clusters/ regions/ contracts as needed. You will use your previous experience of managing multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery of all aspects of this multi-faceted contract, ensuring compliance with strategic objectives, budgetary and commercial commitments and applicable employment legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the transition and substantive delivery of FM services for all sites in the allocated regional cluster of the Integrated Facilities Management contract solution for customer sites.
- Work with HR and incumbent supplier/s to ensure smooth TUPE transfer of workforce from incumbents employ to us or its subcontractors.
- Ensure FM services continue to be provided uninterrupted to provide customer with business-as usual services during transition.
- Work with purchasing to on board incumbent service providers which are to be retained.
- Document service scope and facilitate onboarding of service providers to be introduced
- Engage with local customer stakeholders to capture and document FM services outcome requirements. Compare these with agreed SLAs and manage/ reset customer expectations where IFM solution and expected outcomes do not align.
- Liaise with customer/ workforce representatives to identify required machinery, equipment, materials, consumables, PPE and workwear for service delivery go live and engage with purchasing to arrange delivery/ storage to ensure no interruption to BAU services delivery.
- Actively manage project plan and alert Senior Contract Manager and other relevant stakeholders to any issue which may present risk of late or non-delivery of the planned schedule. Present options to mitigate any risk.
- Prepare and submit progress reports on all project elements within your scope of responsibility. Present reports and/or recommendations to us and customer counterparts and senior management as required.
- Liaise with counterparts in other property clusters and provide mutual support and cover for absence as required.
- Proactively manage continual improvement in the delivery of both self-delivered and subcontracted services. Identify opportunities for cost reduction and/or quality improvement.
- Achieve the customer mandated reductions glidepath in the cost of FM services.
- Engage support from other business units / central support functions where needed.
- Attend regular Customer project meetings, in person or virtually as required and report on progress status and risk status.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company policy and procedures, including all aspects of Health and Safety, Quality, Purchasing, HR, Payroll, etc.
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of Company systems and ensure adherence to these, paying special attention to Operating Systems and processes for the timely delivery of services to the required standard.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and produce and deliver reports and presentations to management, colleagues and customers.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring the image suitably represents the high standard required by the company.
- Build, develop and maintain close working relationships with customers to understand their needs and ensure a timely delivery of these requirements.
- Visit customer operations site regularly, frequency and duration as required by site size, service scope and complexity. (Role is likely to be based at least part time at a customer site.)
- Provide first point of contact for customer stakeholders.
- Active participation in face to face and virtual project planning and review meetings to capture best practices, innovation and value-add initiatives and deploy these within your areas of responsibility.
- Maintain good working relationships with Trade Unions across all contracts if applicable.
- Take a leading part in internal and customer meetings.
- To support the active promotion of products and services to the customer, liaising with colleagues at all levels to ensure a co-ordinated approach by the Company.
- Own and develop customer relationships within region and wider customer account.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain to find cost reduction opportunities and value-add initiatives.
- Employ FM and related industry intelligence and own initiative to generate ideas for improvement opportunities. Evaluate and document feasibility and potential value of initiatives. Prepare and present business case for initiatives which appear viable and add value to ourselves or customer.
- Train, manage, develop and motivate employees across all contracts to ensure consistency and the delivery of customer and our standards.
- Ensure that all staff have the required competence to undertake their roles, liaising with managers to identify the effective delivery of training and development programmes.
- Arrange for staff to receive induction / job specific training / re-training as required.
- Ensure that appropriate training records are kept and maintained.
- Initiate and deliver change to improve customer value and deliver mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Identify, develop and deliver additional revenue opportunities
- Lead and develop workforce according to their abilities, in particular focusing on succession planning/ stand in capabilities.
- Monitor, collate, measure and provide monthly reports on quality, performance, general issues and escalate any concerns to the Head of Facilities Management when necessary.
- Seek feedback from customers and drive continuous improvement to improve costs, quality and services to the organisation and our customers.
- Use management information to constructively inform and challenge customer perceptions and reach mutual agreement in line with broader objectives.
- To achieve minimum expenditure on resources, whilst maintaining and developing employees and infrastructure to reach business long term objectives.
- Participate (where requested) in regular reviews of services, provided in conjunction with the customer, to determine the extent of customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the implementation of new and revised systems where requested.
Planning, organising and resources managed:
- Maintain accurate register of assets in scope for IFM services at site level.
- Scheduling and coordination of FM tasks
- Ensure all people, equipment, materials and consumables required for successful services go live are in place
- Managing resources, personnel and subcontractors, to ensure readiness for service delivery go live.
- Manage and report on costs of mobilisation and substantive FM services operations.
- Robust planning for business contingency and growth, including proactive management of skillset and size of team, supply chain, equipment, consumables and other resources to ensure that service delivery, profit and business growth objectives are consistently met.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Familiar with core processes, inc. purchasing
- Experience in delivery of facilities management services (soft and hard)
- Experience of managing operations at multiple sites
- Customer engagement
- Commercial mechanisms in Facilities Management outsourcing
- Experience in controlling costs and managing budgets
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
- Experience scoping customer requirements and delivering against standards
- Experience working to and developing operational processes
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience leading and managing teams and individuals
- Knowledge of HR policy and procedures
- Experienced in use of FM technologies (CAFM, CMMS etc)
- Project management experience
- Asset registration and asset management principles
- Capable of interpreting and accurately and clearly reporting data
- Company pension scheme
- Car allowance
- Life assurance
- 33 days (incl. bank holidays)
- Permanent Health Insurance