Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Up to £50,000 + bonus
SF Recruitment are recruiting for a Quality Manager for our client based in Wolverhampton, they are looking for a hands-on person to take their existing quality processes, improve them and make them core to everything they do, delivering excellence for their customers.
- Maintain and review compliance to ISO9001 & LPS1014.
- Ensuring the QMS is maintained, developed and updated as necessary in line with the company's current and future strategic goals.
- Build a company culture with quality and the customer at the core of everything we do.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the ISO9001 QMS system & LPS1014 standards.
- Producing and updating strategic plans and objectives for the QA function.
- Leading and promoting the company's quality philosophies and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitoring and measuring performance through relevant data and statistical reports.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers regarding quality-related matters, proactively addressing any issues that may arise.
- When required lead the creation of risk assessments for issues to determine impact and correct course of action.
- Monitor the quality of products and services. Facilitate the team and process owners in correcting and preventing future compliance failures and improving quality.
- Conduct regular audits of our quality procedures to ensure adherence to established standard and protocols. Identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Developing, training and managing the Quality Assurance team.
- Managing Supplier Quality Assurance for our outsourced parts, products and services.
- Carry out audits with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure they meet the agreed quality requirements.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Submit and present regular reports to Senior Leadership Team monitoring quality KPIs and improvement initiatives.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering/science discipline.
- Proven experience as quality manager in an IS9001 company, ideally producing electronic and software-based products.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- In-depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Demonstrable experience of using root cause analysis techniques such as 8D, DMAIC, FMEA etc.
- Understanding of improvement techniques, such as Lean, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping etc.
- A good level of statistical understanding with demonstrable experience of application.
- A natural leader, who can motivate and lead.
- Able to manage and develop a team.
- A strong problem solver.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.