Job Title: Procurement Manager
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Leicestershire, LE4
Salary: £48,000 - £55,000
The Procurement Division at SF Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Procurement Manager to join their Manufacturing client based just outside of central Leicestershire, on a full time, permanent basis.
This position is due to restructure of the team and will take a key part in developing and managing all purchasing opportunities, whilst managing and coaching a small and successful team of 4 buyers.
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Build strong business relationships with UK, EU and International suppliers to maximise supply chain effectiveness.
- Contract Management - this will involve creating and onboarding new suppliers with agreed Terms and Conditions of Business and ensure Compliance and GDPR details meet business guidelines.
- Review and seek continuous improvement opportunities for the development of purchasing strategies. Looking into costs, sales growth, lead times and continuity of supply and quality management.
- Seek opportunities to improve customer and supplier satisfaction levels.
- Be an approachable, supportive and motivating leader. This will include carrying out regular performance meetings and informal catch ups to ensure department performance is on track and individual personal development targets are being supported.
- Lead daily department meetings to ensure projects and purchasing pipeline activities are on track against targets.
- Maintain an accurately updated ERP system with all purchasing and stock data.
The successful Procurement Manager will ideally have experience working at Senior/Managerial level within a Manufacturing or Engineering business. It is essential that you have managed or mentored previously, as although the procurement team is well-established and highly talented, they still require some guidance and mentoring on a daily/weekly basis.
Key experience required:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Contract Management experience.
- Key negotiator and influencer.
- Strong understanding of best procurement practices within the workplace.
- Ideally CIPS qualified (not essential)
We are open to receiving applications from individuals that have potentially worked at Senior Buyer level, or senior Procurement and be looking to progress into a managerial role.
Should you wish to progress an application forward, please click 'Apply Now' with a copy of your updated CV. Interviews will be taking place over the next 1-2 weeks so get in touch ASAP.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.