SF Recruitment are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join a Manufacturing business in Nottingham to oversee purchasing strategy with one direct report. This is a full-time permanent role.
Working closely with the Operations team ensuring company needs are met. As the Purchasing Manager you will be required to oversee Purchasing Strategies ensuring price, quality and delivery are considered.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- Lead and manage spend in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Develop sourcing plans and creating objectives to improve service and cost reduction.
- Proactive approach to delivering associated strategy development, process control and day to day management including implementation of a vendor rating system.
- Responsible for materials or services required for manufacturing and general goods.
- Become an expert in the markets in which you procure to determine the appropriate buying strategy for each commodity.
- Work closely with all operational teams to ensure continuity of supply.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Be actively involved in supplier management and performance.
- Communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations and initiate alternative approaches to solve problems.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships through good communication skills and be able to negotiate with them for best pricing.
- Monitor and present opportunities which will benefit the organisation.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers to meet our quality standards.
- Initiate and manage materials required for NPI with all responsible departments.
- Experience within a previous Procurement role
- Experience working within a Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and techniques to deliver continuous cost savings
- Understanding of contract law to review supplier agreements
- Analytic thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate - Excel and ERP software
Suitable candidates will have worked in a similar role within an Manufacturing environment and have excellent communication skills to build effective and productive relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. You must have a good understanding of planning, forecasting and inventory management. This is a fast-paced environment so you must have good time management and be able to prioritise tasks.
If you have the relevant skills or would like further details please get in touch.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.