Proud to be working with an incredibly important organisation in Gloucestershire in their search for a Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This is paying up to £75,000 base + 10% bonus + 10% pension and further benefits. You must have Defence or highly regulated sector experience and be willing to go through DV/high level clearance if you don't already have it. Hybrid working is available.
MOD DV essential, experience managing Information management/communications services or software build programmes essential. Ex-military/MOD comms and IT background desirable. You will need to be able to be in the office 2 per week.
Every one of our projects is different and, therefore, your duties will vary. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously; delivering to agreed time, cost and quality;
- Providing day-to-day project support to our technical teams to ensure they can deliver efficiently and work effectively; running team stand-ups to track progress against your baselined plan, encouraging a positive team culture and morale, and pro-actively identifying and removing non-technical blockers;
- Working with the Senior Management Team to manage and build customer relationships and to grow and win contracts; contributing to proposals, producing cost models and project plans, and helping to produce presentation material for senior client review meetings;
- Undertake project resourcing and staff allocation across the company, including balancing schedule impacts, maximising utilisation while ensuring that qualified staff are working on each task;
- Monitoring project performance; identifying risks and effectively communicating any areas of concern to the business, including offering recommendations for resolutions;
- Coordinate the production and submission of management information and project documentation to clients and internal stakeholders.
Candidates will have:
- Excellent relationship management skills and be able to motivate and guide stakeholders and teams;
- A sound understanding of the principles of project management and the project lifecycle, and an ability to apply these to real projects;
- Experience of, and be proficient in collaborative working tools such as Slack and G-Suite and also using the Microsoft Office suite of tools, especially MS Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A flexible and positive attitude and an ability to deal positively with change;
- The ability to plan and prioritise, and the persistence to carry tasks through to conclusion.
You may also have:
- Recognised project management practitioner qualifications such as PRINCE2, APMP, PMP, Scaled Agile or Scrum master or equivalent experience;
- Experience of the risk management process;
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.