Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
SF Recruitment are recruiting for a Production Team Leader to work for our established manufacturing client based in Swadlincote.
- Provide leadership in the implementation and achievement of the Company's business plan and agreed objectives of production, sales, on time delivery & arrears, quality, HSE, HR, ME savings, budgetary control, OEE and other key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
- Develop action plans and continuous improvement initiatives to achieve the benefits of identified opportunities. Drive continuous improvements efforts in implementation of LEAN manufacturing as part of TSS's drive toward a world-class manufacturing facility, continuously improving OEE measures.
- Responsible for effective coordination of new product introductions and launches with engineering and manufacturing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the activities of production teams to manage the production floor and coordinate the effective and efficient planning & placement of manpower inline with the MPS.
- Monitor performance and report key KPIs
- Maintain productive, informative and functional relationships with the production employees through\out all service departments to ensure necessary support, targeting continued employee engagement.
- Work with Supply chain to assure raw materials on order and/or avail to LOB
- Represent and support entire Value Stream of allocated manufacturing modules and departments. - Identify training gaps within assigned area and create/provide a training plan
- Support the QMS (Quality management system) and AS9100/ISO 14001 requirements for assigned production area.
- Communicate commitments to customers, Management and SLT/Assure timely response on all OTDmisses/escalating and/or CAR'S (Customers or internal), including any presentation of analysis and data highlighting performance.
- Resolve all issues preventing appropriate flow of assigned products works in collaboration with Quality, Engineering, Design, Sales, Finance etc...
- Train, upgrade and manage assigned department personnel activities in collaboration with HR. Responsible for expense management and OT budgets for assigned units.
- Support 5s initiatives and all Lean/ CI projects: Lead minimum of 3 Six sigma/ Lean events in year
- Lead and coordinate stock taking activities for their area of responsibility
- Leading Safety@Work within their area of responsibility, developing a safety culture, conducting risk assessments and safety level audits
- Ensure adherence to all company policy and procedures
Education and Experience:
- 5 + years of progressive manufacturing experience with proven strong supervisory abilities
- Strong background in Lean/Six Sigma preferred.
- Experience in Aerospace (or Automotive) industry preferred.
- IOSH - proven track record of improving and developing effective safety systems
- Degree or Higher qualification in an operational discipline
- Must possess strong leadership, drive, and change management skills, with high degree of integrity, energy and standards for excellence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to interpret, understand and analyse MRP / MIS / Drawings to the specified requirements
- Ability to optimize and prioritise individual and assigned area work load.
- Ability to develop data collection and analysing methods, tracking systems, & reporting of KPI deliverables (Both current and new).
- Technical acumen to solve technical and production or process issues.
- Ability to utilize basic Manufacturing Excellence tools such as 5S, Lean, etc.
- Ability to engage in presentations, team improvement meetings with the occasional requirement to travel for training.
- Strong skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel/powerpoint/word)
- Ability to positively engage and resolve employee related issues e.g. conflict, attendance, performance
- Strong history of managing, leading and developing safety systems
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and implement effective control procedures (Quality, HR and Safety)
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.