SF Recruitment are working with a business based in Birmingham who are recruiting for a Procurement Manager
£36,000 - £51,000
Ideally the candidate will have a public sector / not for profit / regulated industry or construction background
To support the delivery of strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships. To do this we must: -
- Successfully achieve the award of all contracts required to deliver the construction, testing, commissioning and operation in a fair, transparent, and non-discriminatory manner, by the agreed dates (as per Utilities Contract Regulations 2016);
- Provide commercial support and decision-making across all contracts and manage those contracts to ensure that they deliver the strategic objectives of the project throughout the term of the agreement and deliver demonstrable value for money;
- Support the delivery of strategic goals by building value adding supply chains with sustainable commercial relationships that deliver value and comply with obligations set out in the Development Agreement and any associated Undertakings and Assurances;
- Negotiate Commercial Agreements with third parties, coordinating interfaces and integrating across contracts and suppliers;
- Ensure that the business has the goods and services required by the organisation to guarantee success across each stage of the delivery lifecycle.
Type of experience:
- Experience in a matrix environment, with high influencing and communication skills - able to persuade on the basis of objective argument founded in fact and analysis
- Experience of utilising different procurement routes, including use of OJEU processes and frameworks
- Experience of procuring large value complex heavy civils / construction or similar works/services in compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations with a thorough knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts using the NEC suite of contract forms
- Experience of sponsor / Stakeholder relationship and management experience, together with highly developed communication and influencing skills
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.