PR and Communications Manager
SF Recruitment are working with a business based in Birmingham who are looking for a PR and Communications Manager
Hybrid - up to 3 days working from home
£45,000 + Benefits
- Develop and deliver a B2C communications strategy to raise awareness surrounding the West Midlands leisure/business tourism offer, supporting communications objectives, as well as the wider visitor economy team.
- Develop fresh and compelling B2C focused opinion-editorials, press releases, quotes, thought leadership and speeches, aligning to the West Midlands' tourism offer, positioning the region as a must-visit destination.
- Develop a PR and Communications plan to promote the West Midlands' MICE and Sporting Events offer, including key messaging development.
- Work closely with shareholders, commercial partners and wider stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities to promote the West Midlands' region-wide leisure product.
- Lead on the management of the company's B2C PR agency to deliver a comprehensive global programme of media relations, including budget and project management.
- Lead on the monitoring, reporting and evaluation surrounding leisure tourism communications, working closely with the Corporate Communications Executive to ensure the Business Plan KPIs are met.
- Plan and draft qualitative case study reports to support stakeholder management / business KPIs.
- Oversee the PR Executive in delivering media visits through itinerary building in conjunction with commercial partners.
- Support the Corporate Communications Manager with visitor economy messaging, ensuring accurate corporate alignment that extends to the West Midlands Tourism and Hospitality Advisory Board.
- Lead crisis and reactive communications in response to negative news stories or reports relating to the region's tourism focused economic strategy.
- Operate flexibly to support overarching communications objectives, including supporting across B2B activity if required.
- Flexibility to accommodate developing team structure with the possibility of line management.
- Professional qualification or relevant degree, or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage PR agencies including finance and time management
- Ability to accurately compose strong B2C communications materials to the highest editorial standards
- Able to produce compelling content such as press releases and case studies to support sector focused campaigns
- Ability to draft op-eds and thought leadership content
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and the ability to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in an agile way in a reactive environment
- Relationships with key B2B and B2C press
- Experience within a similar PR focused role
- Experience of pitching to national and international press
- Understanding of delivering communications to promote a destination
- Delivery of B2B communications for stakeholders and partner audiences
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team