SF Recruitment are working with a business based in Coventry who is looking for an Operations Manager to join the team
Must have an engineering background (Presses / Tooling)
This would suit someone looking to set up in to a management role
£35,000 - £45,000 (Site based)
The candidate will be expected to maintain an efficient and cost effective manufacturing operation for the Company. Have an overview of the company goals and make recommendations to improve the profitability of the business. Will be required to keep up to date with current technological advancements to advise and develop future manufacturing processes for the business. The person will be expected to deal with sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
Reporting to the Managing Director
Areas of Responsibility:
- Production engineering and manufacturing method.
- Plant engineering and maintenance including all facilities, utilities & waste.
- Tooling, tools spares and consumable stock.
- Production, inventory control, warehouse & logistics.
- Quality control procedures including managing audits and accreditation to ISO 9001 & 14001.
- Health & Safety and environmental monitoring and actions.
- Employment law.
- Product and manufacturing improvements and development.
- Purchasing and supplier negotiations.
- Operational recruitment, training and development.
- Managing staffing levels for efficient departmental operation.
- Managing production budget.
- Engagement with all employees.
- General administration duties.
After training the successful applicant will have the opportunity to make independent decisions and be expected to assume increasing responsibilities. All managers have considerable exposure to customers, hence some sales and/or servicing experience would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background ideally within the press or press tool industry. It would also be advantageous to have experience of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems.
The successful candidate should have an adaptable and progressive attitude.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.