Head of People / Human Resources Director
Headquartered in Reading, our client is an exciting, fast-growing, private equity backed business operating in multiple sites in the specialist healthcare services sector. With a high quality, "people first" ethos running through their business they are dedicated to ensuring a consistent level of quality and service across each of their sites across the country. To support their continued growth, they are looking to hire a Head of People / Human Resources Director to join their businesses and help shape the culture of the organisation.
As the Head of People you will play a pivotal role in shaping the organisation's workforce strategies, and contributing to the company's continued growth. You will ideally have sector relevant experience (healthcare), or experience of working within a regulated environment, to support your leadership of the HR and Learning & Development functions. Line managing a team of your own, you will work closely with the senior leadership team by balancing the day-today needs of the department with facilitating the organisation's overarching people strategy and management of risk, whilst helping to drive forward the objectives and positive people culture through the organisation's core values.
In this wide-ranging role, you'll take ownership of the organisation's HR strategy, and with your team you will own the recruitment (and retention) strategy, devise and implement an L&D programme, ensure regulatory compliance, advise on risk and employment law issues, and build an exciting and attractive national and local employer brand, and know your way around TUPE as the organisation builds through acquisition.
The successful Head of People will have worked in a similar senior Human Resources role in a medium to large organisation and will:
- be educated to a Degree or MSc level in Human Resources and/or hold or be actively working towards the Level 7 CIPD (holding CIPD membership)
- have in-depth knowledge of UK employment legislation and pending changes
- experienced or have awareness of the care sector and the CQC.
- be familiar with the Levy and apprenticeship scheme.
- are proficient in IT systems, including the implementation of new HR business applications on a group wide scale
- act with integrity, being pragmatic and able to deal with ambiguity
- have experience and sound knowledge of TUPE arrangements and Pension Schemes
- be able to communicate with stakeholders of all level
- be commutable to Reading, Berkshire
Fantastic salary, car allowance and wider package