SF Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for our client based near Derby who are looking for a Buyer to join their Procurement and Supply Chain team. This is a temporary role working full-time within the office. The hours for this role are 8am-5.15pm Monday to Thursday with a 2.15pm finish on Fridays.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for working on projects and keeping costs at a minimum for the business. This is a fast paced busy department and the client is looking for somebody with Purchasing experience. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will be purchasing goods, materials and services.
- Define and implement sourcing strategies for current and future projects
- Build and maintain supplier relationships in line with the purchasing strategy
- Place, monitor and expedite purchase orders on ERP system in line with the defined
- Facilitate new supplier selection and system entry on ERP system
- Maintain accurate system records related to supply chain activity
- Liaise with suppliers on quality, cost and delivery performance, enabling action plans where
improvements are required
- Coordinate and documents supplier visits as necessary
- Produce monthly spend performance reports for programmes and supply categories
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Attend events
The ideal candidate will have previous purchasing experience with excellent communication skills as you will be required to build relationships internally and externally. You will need good computer skills and be confident with using ERP systems and Excel. The client is looking for someone who is highly organised and can work to deadlines. You must have strong negotiation skills and be confident speaking with suppliers.
If you have the relevant experience and would like further details please get in touch today! To be considered for this role you must be available to start immediately!
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.