SF Recruitment are working with market leading supply chain services provider to recruit a buyer. The business has an established client base consisting of multinational business. Current taking on new business , a new buyer role has been created within the department.
Main Purpose of Position
To work as part of an expanding team, responsible for securing the supply of parts, in a timely and cost efficient manner, to satisfy both Customer Service and specified Inventory Levels.
Providing the main interface between the business and the Supply Base, developing and building strong inter-working relationships and process improvements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish professional rapport with the Supply Base as well as Internal and External customers.
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of all supplier accounts assigned to you, negotiate best pricing, contractual terms and establish regular and standardised reporting mechanisms and procedures, internally and externally with the supply base or customer as required.
- Assume total responsibility for the maintenance and updating of all supply chain data and data integrity on all IT systems for all accounts, suppliers or projects assigned to you.
- To identify alternative sources of supply to alleviate short term tactical supply issues and manages supply of these parts encompassing technical and quality requirements as necessary
- Operate an efficient process for the administration and sourcing of customer ad-hoc requirements at the best commercial terms.
- To obtain and update delivery promise information to provide accurate delivery data to the customer at all times
- Contribute towards both team and individual operational objectives and resultant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To create and distribute Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across your allocated supply base.
- Introduce cost saving or process improvement solutions that show demonstrable benefits to established KPI's such as cost, quality and delivery adherence.
- Demonstrable background as buyer
- Ability to conduct spend & supplier analysis
- Commercial awareness & abel to evaluate proposals
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.