SF Recruitment are working with a leading manufacturer based in Warwick to recruit a Buyer. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to continue their career within direct procurement; a global leader with their respective field, with an established purchasing function. Responsible for a range of direct & indirect spend areas & to ensure best cost, quality & delivery are met.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
- Demonstrable expreince undertaking strategic procurement actvities. Preferably wthin a manufacturing environment.
- Commercial accumen
- Full right to work in the UK indefinitely
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.