SF Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Buyer for our Derby based client. This is a full-time permanent role with flexible working between the hours of 7am-8am finishing at 4pm-5pm Monday -Thursday, finishing at 12pm on Fridays! . The salary for this role is up to £34,000 depending upon experience.
To be considered for this role it is essential you have previous procurement experience within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment and are used to working in a fast paced environment. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for managing the supplier performance ensuring any risks are managed. You will need to have excellent communication skills as you will be regularly liaising with internal and external stakeholders within the business. You will need to be highly organised and be able to prioritise tasks working to deadlines.
This role could suit Graduate Design Engineers who could have an interest in going into an Engineering Procurement role!
• Lead order book reviews with designated suppliers to identify performance improvements
• Work with suppliers to identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities in line with budget requirements.
• Identify and implement process improvements to reduce waste
• Manage inventory levels where applicable to an optimum level to ensure business continuity whilst maximising working capital.
• Nurture effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to support functional priorities.
• Ensure internal systems are kept up to date with supplier inputs (lead times, pricing, delivery dates etc) in accordance with internal measures.
• Accountable for compliance to company policies, processes, and procedures, ensuring all purchasing records are correct and maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
•The purchase of technical services and subcontract processes
The client is looking for someone who is able to read and understand technical specifications and engineering drawings due to the nature of this role. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work for a high growth business that offers a great working environment.
• Experience within a Procurement function – Engineering/ Manufacturing
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and MRP/ERP
• Ability to use initiative, working autonomously to identify opportunities and challenge existing processes
• Strong analytical skills
• Quick decision-making abilities to navigate procurement scenarios
• Excellent communication skills for effective stakeholder management both internally and externally
If you are interested in this role please get in touch today for further details!
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.