Business Development Manager - East of England
Our client is a market-leading construction company with a clearly defined customer base spanning the UK. Following some recent positive organisational change and influx of investment they are seeking to appoint an experienced and capable Business Development Manager to service the organisation's market in the "East" - (Cambridge would be an ideal base). The company is growing rapidly, enjoying great success, and is continuing to establish themselves as an industry leader in their field.
The Business Development Manager (East) is a field-based role, and you will be responsible for winning new business, cross selling an extended solution portfolio with existing clients, and developing further existing relationships across the organisation's Eastern region. Our client is keen for their BDM's to maximise their time spent in a customer-facing capacity as the role involves a complex sales process requiring significant stakeholder management. Experience of selling solutions to multiple stakeholders in a B2B setting would be hugely valuable. Additionally, any experience of selling high capital commodities / solutions to NHS trusts would be hugely beneficial - this is a consultative, solution-based sale, rather than a transactional, high-volume sale.
For this role, it is essential that the successful candidate is a proven BDM's who is looking to join an exciting, dynamic, and ever thriving business.
In addition, other key requirements are listed below:
- Substantial business development experience, selling either construction services or high-value capital products into NHS Trusts.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholder relationships (predominately the C-Suite of NHS Trusts) and handling varying objections that arise from each stakeholder's specific requirements.
- The ability to sell, cross-sell and upsell a portfolio of services and products to generate new and incremental revenues
- Strong commercial acumen, and the ability to spot opportunity in the market
- An understanding of long lead-time oriented sales cycles
- The ability to run a region, work remotely, and to manage your own time and workload effectively
- Competitive salary and uncapped bonus package
- Opportunity to work highly flexible and remotely
- The opportunity to join a business going through really exciting change and growth