Building Surveyor Level 2
Hybrid after 3 months
Reports to: Partner
The role of an Associate Building Surveyor is to manage teams of Building Surveyors at varying levels across numerous programmes of work. In addition, the role will require a high degree of client engagement through project and programme leadership and reporting.
- Manage own projects as well as oversee teams' projects to effectively meet time, cost and quality targets.
- Manage and provide assistance/ support for all team members.
- Conduct asset management reviews of client.
- Oversee key client account management - supervise team with client collaboration to achieve optimumoutcomes.
- Assisting in the delivery of the Barker Strategic Plan.
- Instrumental in the building and maintaining of strong business relationships with clients to achieve long term goals.
- Lead a team ensuring key accountabilities of team members are met.
- Responsible for fee projections on various projects in a timely manner and issue fee invoices in line with fee targets.
- Review, manage and issue construction contracts (JCT).
- Supervise submission of tender packs including tender drawings, specification and scheduling of works and health and safety as required for the team.
- Manage tenders to contractors accordingly and analysis of tenders once received back from contractors for the team.
- Conduct and lead pre-contract briefing visits.
- Strategically oversee site inspections throughout the team to assess the health & safety, whether the project is on program, quality of work etc and report accordingly to the client.
- Instigate weekly team meetings and monthly project reviews.
- Chair and minute external and internal project meetings as per Barker's policy schedule.
- Manage the raising and issuing of certificates under contracts.
- Utilise Deltek and other companywide systems for storing project, client information and personal data to an accurate level and monitor to ensure members of team are utilising the systems correctly.
- Attend mandatory training, meet and record CPD professional standards.
- Travel required for the undertaking of site visits, surveys and client meetings.
- Subject to business requirements, flexibility to perform any other duties at the same level of accountabilities and responsibilities.Specialist Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Building Surveying.
- MRICS or equivalent professional accreditation or at least 10 years PQE in construction consultancy/industry experience.
APC is adventageous
Call Nikki 07540 942 901
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.