Assistant Management Accountant - £45K - Alfreton
SF are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis based in Alfreton. This role offers excellent opportunity for growth and progression within the business.
Salary up to £45,000
Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Part time hours available as well
- Supporting the MA to produce monthly management accounts for all business units in accordance with the reporting timetable. Includes posting journals to deliver TB
- Assisting with monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and that all balances are correct, and differences investigated.
- Preparation of VAT returns on monthly and quarterly basis, Intrastat returns, and excise duty compliance.
- SG&A analysis for cost centre budget holders, reviewing P&Ls for overhead costs
- Variance and trend analysis
- Production and posting of journals including accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income.
- Maintain and agree rebate provisions
- Assisting with budgeting and interim forecasting for all overhead cost areas
- Support in the production of accurate monthly and quarterly flash results for Financial Planning and Commercial teams.
- Assisting with year-end statutory audit process including annual stocktake
- Carry out reconciliations on all bank accounts, inputting payments, and preparing cash flow forecast.
- Assisting with Process Improvement, exploring and suggesting ways to improve the day-to-day accounting processes.
- Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the MA.
- Liaising with overseas subsidiaries
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Part Qualified - ACA/ACCA/CIMA, will also consider QBE if good amount of experience
Proven experience in a busy Finance team
Working knowledge of Cost Accounting and Reporting
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.