£26,000 - £28,000
SF Recruitment are working with a brilliant business based in Leicester LE3 who are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a Part time basis.The ideal Assistant Accountant will be ideally working towards or studying an Accounting qualification. This position reports directly into the Financial Controller and will provide support the finance department to meet deadlines and to ensure all transactions are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
As the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Complete the month end processing for review with the controller.
- Review month end results on day one prior to submission.
- Complete the monthly group submission file.
- Some of the typical month end activities are accruals, prepayments, concur expenses, foreign currency revaluations and Monthly payroll journal.
- Preparation and submission of Blackline reconciliations. These are typically submitted a day after month end results are finalised. Normally on day two or three.
- Assist with the office of national statistics returns
- Quarterly VAT submission
- Ensure the month payroll is submitted on time and checked.
- Collate and review payroll submissions from HR and mangers
- Complete the submission preparation spreadsheets
- Ensure payments are processed for Monthly pay, Pensions and other payroll payments.
- Liaise with HR to complete the P11D returns
- Support the HR department on payroll matters.
Experience & Skill set required:
- Available to start in as soon as possible
- 3 or more years' experience within a similar role
- Attention to detail
- Efficient and accurate
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
- Payroll experience essential
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.