Accounts Receivable Assistant
SF Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Assistant to join a buoyant, stable business based centrally to Derby. After training, you will have the option for hybrid work i.e. 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home, plus working a 37 hour week.
Accounts Receivable Assistant supports the AR function ensuring that processes are followed accurately and done within the required timescale.
Ensure queries are answered quickly and invoices and statements are produced and sent out on time.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Deal with queries
- Ensure all statements and invoices are correct and issued as agreed
- Support the AR Manager with the Period End ensuring month end deadlines are met and all reports are run.
- Create new tenancy / leaseholders
- Create new tenancy and end of tenancy adjustments
- Assist with ensuring that all Direct Debits are collected on time and posted to the ledger
- Assist with ensuring all refunds to residents are paid on time and posted to the ledger
- Credit control overdue debts providing information for the debtor meetings
- Raise sales invoices, ensuring we meet the month end deadlines to prevent revenue leakage.
- Assist with the cash posting
- Assist with annual Fee Review letters ensuring they are accurate and sent out on time
- Ensuring that company policies are complied with through all activities; and that all work is undertaken in accordance within procedures and any relevant codes of practice and legislation.
- Is flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to this role and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and level of responsibility.
- To provide ad hoc support to the wider UK finance organisation as required
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and to fully understand the transactional finance function.
- Ability to actively engage colleagues to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with
- 2+ years' experience within a fast moving finance function
- Excellent communications skills, including corresponding with both internal and external parties in a sensitive and professional manner
- Confident, articulate and passionate about personal and team development
- Enthusiastic and adaptable working style, keen to identify opportunities for improvements
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong intellect combined with attention to detail, well organised and process driven
- Adaptable and keen to learn
- Straightforward, open personality and an enthusiastic, positive attitude
All applicants must have previous experience working in a finance department or strong administrative skills from a high volume processing environment. Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets is essential as well as good general PC skills. The successful candidate will need to be a strong communicator who can prioritise workloads and work successfully as part of a team.
Our client is a fast moving, change orientated business based in the Derbyshire area. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a fantastic, supportive team operating in the services sector. With several thousand employees based across the UK the organisation has a reputation for innovation and are looking for someone to join them asap.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.