SF Recruitment are looking for an Accounts Associate - General Ledger, to join our client based in Alfreton on a fixed term contract for an initialy period of 9 months, with the potential to develop into a permanent role. This is a hybrid role with the requirement to do in to the office 1-2 days a week.
Working within a team you will be accountable for supporting with:
- High volume Financial reconciliations
- Producing daily and weekly reports
- Obtaining and providing back up to support reconciliations and invoicing.
- Understanding processes
- Understanding accounting transactions
- Investigating variances and apply corrections where necessary
- Involvement in meetings where necessary
- Build strong stakeholder relationships
The purpose of the role is to work within the General Ledger team under the Accounting Manager, and the key activities for the role will be:
- Posting and reconcile accounting transactions and balances in accordance with agreed accounting standards.
- Actively investigate and analyse financial data and trends.
- Produce financial reports and analysis in accordance with agreed timetables.
- To ensure auditable data is maintained and can also support audit requests.
Responsibilities of the Account Associate:
- Produce financial schedules and analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to extract and manipulate electronically financial data.
- Process and reconcile financial transactions and balances in accordance with agreed accounting standards and timetables.
- Maintain working papers and documentation to ensure transactions and balances are capable of substantiation.
- Reconciliations completed in accordance agreed deadlines.
- Reconciling items documented & understood with plans to resolve reconciling items.
- Making sure auditable data is maintained and support on any audit requirements.
- Review of tasks and ensure standard operating procedures for the activity are kept up to date.
- Assist with process improvements within the team.
- To help implement project changes within the team and understand changes to task that are carried out.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Advanced analytical and numeracy skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Ability to work well to deadlines
- Communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Significant experience within a reporting environment
- Proactive approach with the ability to work independently and manage a number of different stakeholders relationships
- Intermediate Excel Skills essential (Pivot Tables, Lookup Formulae)
- 3 years' experience within a similar role or to be part qualified with an accounting qualification
- Oracle experience (Desirable)
The ideal candidate will have experience processing and handling of large volumes of data, specifically financial reconciliations with the ability to work well to deadlines. Well developed Excel is a must for this role and knowledge of Oracle is preferred but not essential. Please only apply if you are available on a short notice period or immediately available.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.