SF Recruitment have partnered with a brilliant business based in Derby who are recruiting for a full-time permanent Accounts Assistant to join a small finance team. This is a really exciting and varied position, that is to work within the office as well as attractive working hours and overall package.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Allocate customer payments to the correct accounts.
- Ensure all invoices are submitted to the customers and clear on their account for payment according to terms. Resolving any issues to ensure this is the case.
- Review, submit and re-raise customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner to ensure receipts are accurately recorded and customers pay in accordance with our terms.
- Provide support to the team, assisting with the month-end close processing to ensure an efficient service is provided to the business including:
- Produce and issue Intercompany Debtor confirmations.
- Review customer returns and post provision journal.
- Review, reconcile and produce backing data for customers.
- Reconcile AR posting accounts including sales ledger posting and summary.
- Petty cash reconciliation.
- Raise exceptional payments in the bank.
- Manage Finance helpdesk tickets to ensure tickets are in correct queue and users are picking them up accordingly.
- Issue weekly debt report to internal stakeholders.
- Issue, review and maintain Petty Cash receipts.
- Review GRNI report for contras and liaising with Suppliers for any missing credits.
- Additional duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
My client is looking for an experienced accounts professional, with particular experience and emphasis in sales ledger and credit control, who has strong software and Excel experience.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.