SF Recruitment are working with a leading B2B consumables supplier in the Worcester area to recruit a buyer. The core responsibilities of the role are to Purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. With a strong orderbook & fantastic working culture, this is exciting opportunity for a purchasing professional who wants to further develop their career. Clear development & training on offer, as well as CIPS support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Placing purchase orders for stock items using the profit plus system.
- Ensuring Purchasing, Orders email inboxes are always up to date
- Analyse and feedback on all suppliers regularly.
- Attend regular supplier meetings
- Request product pricing from suppliers as requested from the Purchasing Manager
- Assist the Inventory controller with ensuring all stock items sourced in the UK are in stock
- Follow up and chase suppliers on all pricing requests within agreed time scales
- Responsible for supplier samples being ordered and given to the relevant salesperson.
- Update the inventory controller regularly with demands of stock levels
- Obtain up to date pricing on stock and specials products when order quantities/spec/raw material prices are changing.
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with queries and questions
- Notify exceptions to customer service
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the Purchasing department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from vendors
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Ad Hoc Purchasing projects to include tenders and Service level agreements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 1 year experience within a purchasing/supply related role desirable
- Desire to working in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.