Job Title: Buyer
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
The Procurement and Supply Chain Division at SF Recruitment are actively recruiting for an experienced Buyer to join their well-established engineering client who is based in Leicestershire. This opportunity is available due to recent internal promotion.
As a Buyer, you will report directly into the Procurement Manager, where you will support with the day-to-day operations of the procurement function. Your daily responsibilities could consist of the below tasks:
- Be involved and take a lead in pre and post contractual negotiations with suppliers, and effectively manage the implementation of the Terms & Conditions negotiated in the contract.
- Key focus on budget management - able to identify and drive cost reductions whilst adding value.
- Sourcing top quality products, and authorising purchasing sign offs and price variations.
- Develop and build strong supplier relationships across the UK and Internationally by maintaining communication and being presented at service / performance review meetings/updates.
- Prepare contract and tender documentation by working closely alongside the Bid Managers and Legal Team.
- Work effectively with internal departments whilst being involved in key decision making and ensuring strategies are implemented in a timely manner.
- Working to tight deadlines whilst managing projects, ensuring that performance is achieved by tracking agreed KPI's and SLA's.
- Ensuring all documentation, data and reporting are updated accurately on to the shared system so all parties have the required access.
- Provide additional project support to the senior management and wider procurement department as and when required.
- Ensure a compliant and streamlined process.
The successful Buyer will need to be resilient, adaptable and open to change whilst managing multiple projects at once, and having experience with the below:
- Implementing successful long-term category strategies.
- Confident negotiator with a proven track record of delivering significant department reductions.
- Completing projects to the agreed deadlines.
- Supplier and stakeholder management.
- Solution focussed.
- Strong attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Desirable - MCIP qualified.
If you are interested in finding out more regarding the above opportunity and keen to find out more/progress your application to the next stage, please click 'Apply Now' with a copy of your updated CV.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.